Make Yourself Memorable: A Model for Storytelling
In a crowded market, your customers don’t connect to your product; they connect to you – and your story is at the heart of this.
Don breaks the training down into two portions: crafting your story and telling your story. He will share how you identify the right approach to your central theme and prepare your message, as well as how you present that story in a way that captures the attention, interest, and trust of your audience.
There are a variety of techniques for making yourself memorable to an audience, including:
- Reversing the I/you ratio.
- Building credibility with your listeners.
- Using pauses to your advantage.
- Finding the sweet spot with detail.
- Reinforcing the central message without exhausting it.
- Making success individual.
- Answering the question “Why do we do what we do?”
As Don discusses your goals, he will help you hone your message for maximum connection, and therefore maximum impact, with your audience. But the story itself is only half of the equation; just as important is how you are able to present it in a genuine way that invites your listeners to come alongside you as you lay out the specific reasons for your broader vision. Whatever your ultimate mission, your aim should be to make yourself memorable.