Episode 10: Carla Vernon, Longtime President Of General Mills Natural & Organic, Asks: Athletes Have A Warm-Up Routine, Does Your Corporate Team?
As the President of General Mills Natural & Organic, Carla Vernon drove unprecedented growth of a $1.5 billion snack portfolio including Annie’s, Larabar, and Nature Valley. In fact, she restored growth to Nature Valley resulting in the highest level of unit sales in the brand’s history, making it the world’s top-selling granola bar. She has been recognized as one of the Top 25 Women in Retail and Most Influential Women in Corporate America by Savoy Magazine. I am confident you will laugh out loud at least once during our authentic conversation. She is currently a Trustee for Princeton University and in this episode, you will see how her enthusiasm for dance bleeds into all aspects of her life. You will learn how to facilitate a sense of trust, create a shared experience, and collective direction. Plus, Carla shares her corporate warm-up that is easy to implement and has proven very effective.
You will learn:
- 11:00 The lessons she learned from partnering with the “Jackie Robinson” of ballet.
- 16:00 The “warm-up” exercise your corporate team should do at the beginning of a new season
- 36:30 How to carry yourself with confidence and not let your mistakes show.
- 41:00 Carla’s key factor in a strong team and how to implement it.
- 57:30 How to create synchronization, unity, and team alignment.
- Connect with Carla on LinkedIn
- Coming soon! Carla’s podcast: Your Sister in the Corner Office
- Rhythm Nation Music Video.
- Amy Cuddy’s Body Lanaguage (TedTalk).