Episode 17: Laura Gentile, ESPN Senior Vice President of Marketing and Founder of espnW, asks: Are You a Leader with Great Followers?
Forbes named ESPN’s Senior Vice President of Marketing and the FOUNDER of espnW, Laura Gentile, one of the “Most Powerful Women in U.S. Sports.” She was a two-time field hockey team captain at Duke and led the Blue Devils to their first appearance in the NCAA tournament, graduating as Duke’s all-time leading scorer! Laura began her career at ESPN in 2003, working with legendary ESPN President George Bodenheimer. In the years since she has produced the annual women in sports summit featuring world-class athletes and talented hosts like Maria Taylor and Sage Steel.
You will learn:
- 9:30 How to take ownership of your goals.
- 13:00 The resilience at ESPN when Coronavirus shut down all sporting events.
- 15:30 The value of association.
- 16:45 How to create camaraderie after a loss.
- 21:00 The difference between a true team and a collection of individuals.
- Missed the espnW Women + Sports Summit? Watch the replays here.
- Connect with Laura on LinkedIn
- Follow Laura on Twitter