Episode 19: Sean Covey, FranklinCovey Education President, asks: Do You Listen With the Intent to Understand or Respond?
President of FranklinCovey Education, Sean Covey, was the quarterback at BYU after Hall of Famer Steve Young. Sean’s father, Stephen Covey, most famous for his book 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, loved watching his son play. Today Sean is a New York Times Best-Selling author and brings his competitive fire to FranklinCovey– an organization whose mission is to enable greatness in students, teachers, and schools working in all 50 states and in more than 150 countries.
You will learn:
- 11:00 How YOU can lead like legendary BYU Football Coach, LaVell Edwards.
- 15:00 How to encourage your children.
- 28:00 How to use “game film” in business.
- 29:00 The importance of developing resiliency through failure.
- 31:00 How to be a better listener.
- Connect with Sean on LinkedIn
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
- Bring “Leader in Me” to your school.
Excerpt Sean mentioned from the Ella Wheeler Wilcox Poem:
There is no chance,
Can circumvent or hinder
The firm resolve of a