Episode 3: Kim McHugh, Highest Ranking Woman in Drilling Industry, asks: Are you fully engaged on the sideline?
Want to read along? Download the transcription of this interview here.
While studying petroleum engineering at Texas A&M, Kim McHugh played on the Aggie volleyball team and advanced to the NCAA tournament! She rose to become the Vice President of Chevron’s Drilling and Completions and today attributes her mental strength to her experience on the court: You can do more than you think you can— it’s your mind that stops you. In this episode, you will learn how to lead with empathy, communicate clearly, and fairly assess feedback from the highest-ranking woman in a very male-dominated industry. Not only is Chevron deemed as one of the best places to work, but their team is also celebrated for their inclusion. Listen to this fun and engaging conversation now!
You Will Learn:
- 7:30 How the role models you meet at a young age can impact you for the rest of your life.
- 13:00 How to increase employee engagement even when they’re on “the sidelines.”
- 16:00 How the growth of women’s sports will impact inclusion in the corporate world.
- 31:00 The impact an inclusive culture can have on your team.
Kim’s favorite resource on sympathy vs. empathy.
Kim discusses diversity and inclusion.
- Learn more about the value of executive coaching.
- Learn more about effective feedback in the workplace.