Episode 9: Xavier Williams, President of AT&T Public Sector, Asks: Does The Content You Read Expand Your Thinking?
Xavier Williams, who played college basketball at Edinboro University, has been with AT&T for 30 years. Today he serves as President of the Public Sector and FirstNet and leads with the motto: “Culture trumps strategy.” In this episode, you will get a behind the scenes look into how Xavier took one of the country’s lowest-ranking branches, and turned it into the fourth-best within two and half years, without changing a single team member. Xavier reveals steps you can implement today to spur growth and camaraderie. Doing the work from 8 to 5 is expected, but it takes a true Corporate Competitor to prepare and expand your knowledge from 5 to 8. Leaders are learners, and Xavier Williams is the perfect example.
You will learn:
- 4:00 Why culture trumps strategy when you’re trying to build a winning team.
- 8:30 How competing against teammates can make you better.
- 12:00 The importance of balanced leadership.
- 16:00 Ways you can condition your mind and body to get ahead of the game.
- 24:30 How to set effective and achievable goals.
- Connect with Xavier Williams on LinkedIn
- The Xavier and Tina Williams Summer Youth Business Academy brings young men and women from high schools in Pennsylvania and across the United States to the Edinboro University campus for five days of workshops, activities and networking events designed to introduce them to the field of business.
- Using live and virtual presentations, Don shares the habits of great teams learned from legendary team-builders.