Episode 5: Oguo Atuanya, Microsoft’s Global Cloud Scale Service Manager, Asks: Do You Believe In Your Own Abilities?
Want to read along? Download the transcription of this interview here.
In his senior executive role at Microsoft, Oguo manages Global Cloud Scale Services. Educated in three different continents, Oguo has the ability to interweave his mixed cultural background with his rich career experiences. In our conversation, Oguo shares stories about how his love of football, rugby, and soccer shaped his leadership journey and explains how everyone on your team falls into one of four categories. Plus, he gives us tips on how to interact with each type so that your team is operating efficiently! The power of perspective unfolds in Episode 5! Visit CorporateCompetitorPodcast.com for show notes and free resources.
You Will Learn:
- 2:00 How to use sports from your childhood to motivate you later in life.
- 9:00 Incredible advice from Oguo’s mentors including his uncle who played for the Nigerian National Soccer team.
- 11:40 How to guide your children to use sports as a leadership tool.
- 18:15 How to be a great teammate.
- 20:30 Three steps to adapt and embrace change quickly.
- 25:00 The four categories of employees, and tips on how to interact with each other.
Love this episode?
We would be so grateful if you left us a rating and review!
“Many of the leaders I have worked with were excellent athletes, and I think there is a direct correlation. You’re one of the few people that really has pursued this study Don. Keep up the great work. What you are doing really makes a difference.”
Longtime Medtronic CEO, Harvard Professor
“I am a subscriber because you are one of the greatest teachers, one of the best storytellers I have ever met, and I know you will maximize the people you have on the podcast. I’m telling everyone, because when you find gold you point everyone to it.”
John C. Maxwell
Best-Selling Author, Leadership Expert